There are many valid reasons why someone should run an Android emulator on their PC. Application developers may try to test the application before releasing it. Players may want to use the mouse and keyboard in the game. Maybe you just want to have it there. In any case, Android emulation can be performed on the PC, and it is much easier than before. This is the best Android emulator for PC and Mac.
- 1 What is Emulator?
- 2 Best Android Emulators for Your PC
- 3 1. Andy
- 4 2. Droid4x
- 5 3. Windroy
- 6 4. Phoenix OS
- 7 5. YouWave
- 8 6. LeapDroid
- 9 7. Xamarin
- 10 8. Bliss OS
- 11 9. Android Studio
- 12 10. KOPlayer
- 13 11. ARChon
- 14 12. AMIDuOS
- 15 13. LDPlayer
- 16 14. PrimeOS
- 17 15. Genymotion Cloud
- 18 16. Remix OS Player
- 19 17. Bluestacks
- 20 18. Nox Player
- 21 19. Gameloop
- 22 20. MEmu
- 23 Conclusion:
What is Emulator?
The Android emulator can simulate the Android device on the computer, so you can test the application on various devices and Android API levels without having to own every physical device.
Compared to testing on a physical device, testing your app on an emulator is somewhat faster and easier. For example, you can transfer data to the emulator faster than a device connected via USB. The emulator has predefined configurations for various Android phones, tablets, Wear OS, and Android TV devices.
Best Android Emulators for Your PC
These are the 20 best android emulators for your Windows PC or Mac described below. We have provide all the information about these android emulators.
Andy is a powerful emulator among all others for PC and Mac. It allows you to integrate the device with the PC more closely. The advantage of this application is that it can be synchronized between all connected devices, so there is no need to transfer game progress. You can also easily transfer applications from mobile devices to emulators.
You can use your phone as a joystick, and use your smartphone as a controller to play games on the big screen, which brings you many good user experiences. It also provides users with unlimited storage capacity, compatibility with PC and Mac, and the freedom to play the most popular mobile games on the desktop.
Features of Andy:
- Simple setup with mobile joystick support.
- Run almost all Android applications on PC and Mac.
- Allows downloading apps directly to Andy OS from any desktop browser.
- Connect Win/Mac with Android apps to launch, push notifications, and storage.
- Sync data between desktop and mobile devices.
Minimum System Requirements of Andy:
- GPU that supports OpenGL 2.1.
- 10GB of free disk space.
- 3GB RAM.
- Dual-core AMD or Intel CPU with virtualization support.
Official Website: https://www.andyroid.net/
Droid4x is an old emulator, the software does not have any active development. It supports all Windows versions with intermediate specifications. But what makes it unique is its stability, which allows it to operate even under basic system requirements, which keeps it ahead. The emulator can also be used with a touch screen compatible PC.
Droid4X also allows you to record the emulator screen. You can use Droid4X to configure a gamepad or keyboard to play your favorite games. You can create and customize personalized controls according to your preferences. Like any other simulator, you can use Droid4x for some productive work.
Features of Droid4x:
- Droid4X is a full-featured Android emulator that can be used for anything.
- You can now use all Android applications for all purposes.
Minimum System Requirements of Droid4x:
- HDD 2 GB of free space.
- Graphics chipset/graphics card supports at least Open GL 2.0.
- 1GB RAM.
- Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 (with 32-bit or 64-bit system).
- Dual-core CPU supporting virtualization technology.
Official Website: https://droid4x.cc/
Windroy is a project that combines the functions of YouWave and Bluestacks and tries to simulate Android in Windows. The goal is to be able to run all Android applications and make it as easy to use as other Windows applications. Android 4.0.3 is the version currently running on Windroy. It can start quickly and provide you with basic Android experience. Windroy does not provide the App Store, but you need to download APK manually. It is a very versatile software, lacks some very useful features, such as audio output, and some applications are very unstable.
Features of Windroy:
- This Android emulator allows you to change the screen mode of your device in window mode or full-screen mode.
- It supports UI parsing.
- It provides you the same Android device experience on PC Windows and Mac.
Minimum System Requirements of Windroy:
- Hard Disk: 273 MB of free disk space.
- Memory: 512 MB RAM.
- Processor: 800MHz or faster.
- Operating system: Windows Vista or higher.
Official Website: https://windroy.jaleco.com/
4. Phoenix OS
Phoenix OS supports various peripheral devices, such as mice and keyboards, gamepads, and even docking stations. It supports file categories, LAN access, general search and mouse support, drag and drop across windows. This is a complete emulator operating system with all applications pre-installed for quick access. You will get Ethernet, application cloning, shortcut key support, etc. It can be installed on the hard disk for operation without affecting the original file system.
Features of Phoenix OS:
- One key switch (on tablets).
- App clones.
- Ethernet support.
- Process optimization.
- Multi-windows settings.
Minimum System Requirements of Phoenix OS:
- Separate computer to prepare USB flash drive.
- 512MB or larger USB flash drive (for GParted).
- Intel or AMD processors produced around 2012 or later, preferably Intel Atom processors.
- 2GB storage drive.
Official Website: http://www.phoenixos.com/
YouWave is the oldest emulator and it is still running. It has its limitations to win, but if you use the free version, you can use Ice Cream Sandwich directly. The paid version comes with Android Lollipop. Although both the free version and the paid version provide almost the same features.
YouWave is not for gamers, but you can still play some games with lower RAM. The target users of this simulator are users who seek productivity and use a series of useful tools for testing by developers. Applications that require hardware sensors or use closed source APIs are not supported.
Features of YouWave:
- Volume control buttons.
- Dynamic rotation – instant response similar to a phone.
- Enable multiplayer online games.
- SD card function-can save games.
- Run-on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10.
- Support Android 5.1 Lollipop (Premium Edition) and 4.0 ICS (Free).
Minimum System Requirements of YouWave:
- Windows 8, 10.
- 500MB disk space.
- 2.0GB DRAM.
- Intel Pentium 1.6GHz CPU.
Official Website: https://youwave.com/
Although there are many emulators on the market, LeapDroid’s surprisingly fast emulation allows you to run all high-end games on your PC, so it stands out. The emulator focuses on speed and performance. Leap provides few customization options, except for regular Android settings, you cannot change the resolution or adjust any deep parameters. LeapDroid is a good emulator. Like most competitors, it runs virtual machines in the background. You can perform some tests and simulate playing games with excellent speed and performance.
Features of LeapDroid:
- The graphics can be easily adjusted according to the user’s choice. For example, you can easily zoom in or zoom out the display of games such as Pokemon Go and Mobile Legends.
- It is the fastest Android emulator, dedicated to booting and loading Android games or apps.
- The hardware parts of the system (such as the mouse and keyboard) are depicted as navigation controls to prove their function.
- It can become an application store for Windows PC and provide users with convenient access.
- Support for x86 and ARM applications is extended.
- A friendly user interface supports most Android files.
- Users can freely create various accounts to enjoy a variety of games and application services.
- LeapDroid enables the “Open Graphics Library” extension in Windows PC.
Minimum System Requirements of LeapDroid:
- GPU that supports OpenGL 2.1.
- At least 10Gb of free disk space.
- 2Gb RAM.
- Dual-core AMD or Intel CPU.
Official Website: http://leapdroid.com/
Xamarin is also the official tool for testing iOS applications. Although Xamarin is now discontinued for any future development. But you can definitely use it to test the application through various settings and adjustments. You can read and download content from Github. Xamarin is also an iOS simulator for testing iOS applications on the PC.
Features of Xamarin:
- Storyboard file.
- Android SDK manager.
- Google emulator manager.
- Application loader.
- Diagnostic tools.
- Various code signing.
- Native platform integration for Android and iOS.
Minimum System Requirements of Xamarin:
- Xamarin for Visual Studio.
- Visual Studio 2012 Professional Edition or higher.
- A computer with at least 2GB RAM and running Windows 8 or above.
Official Website: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/apps/xamarin?WT.mc_id=docs-forums-xamarin
8. Bliss OS
Bliss is another kernel-based x86 architecture operating system that can boot itself as a local computer operating system. You can use it with a USB memory stick to find all functions before doing the actual partition boot. This is not an easy system to work with, but if you are a developer and looking for a simple and powerful Android OS for an earlier PC, not Bliss is a perfect choice. It can run on the updated version of Android Pie and other versions, because other emulators are still mostly stuck on Marshmellow, so they are unique.
Features of Bliss OS:
- Other security options and features can be found throughout the operating system. And AOSP security updates will be merged regularly.
- Provides additional options to help adjust battery consumption to an optimal level.
- It also includes other features compatible with ARM/ARM64 applications.
- Focus on speed and stability through adjustments to assist the most demanding applications.
- Choose settings based on the criteria you value most.
- It provides many options for customization and theming throughout the operating system.
Minimum System Requirements of Blind OS:
- Operating system: Windows 8, 10, 32/64 bit.
- File size of the blind prophet: 1.46 GB.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400.
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6670.
- Memory: 4 GB.
Official Website: https://blissroms.com/
9. Android Studio
Android Studio is designed for developers who want to develop Android applications. You can use many customization features to test your product. Studio provides its own Android emulator instead of a universal one, where you can install and play applications. Studio’s simulator is very complex and is best suited for developers who want to test their App under various conditions (such as signal strength, battery, storage, RAM, CPU, GPU, etc.).
The emulator is an official tool for Android, and because the program is too short, it is too complicated for consumers. However, if you are a developer and want to try the performance and usage of the App, Studio is the best emulator for your PC. It has APK analyzer, layout tester, real-time error detection, code editing and other functions.
Features of Android Studio:
- You can simulate incoming calls and text messages.
- The emulator provides almost all the functions of a real Android device.
Minimum System Requirements of Android Studio:
- 2GB hard disk space.
- 3 GB RAM.
- 64-bit distribution capable of running 32-bit applications.
Official Website: https://developer.android.com/
KOPlayer is a free and solid platform based on the kernel technology of the x86 architecture. Supports advanced functions such as OpenGL and hardware acceleration. It brings a high-quality Android playback experience to the Windows platform. The emulator supports multiple accounts, screen recording, gamepad and keyboard mapping to simplify controls. The app has built-in GMS support in the Google Play store, which allows you to safely download your favorite apps.
Features of KOPlayer:
- You can record your gameplay and share it with your friends or anyone.
- It provides free downloadable content.
- The built-in video recording function allows you to record your favorite videos and enjoy them at your convenience.
- It allows you to enjoy the fun and enthusiasm of all Android applications on the big screen.
- It has a very simple and easy-to-use interactive user interface.
Minimum System Requirements KOPlayer:
- Memory: 2GB RAM.
- HDD-10 GB of free disk space.
- Graphics card-GPU that supports OpenGL 2.1.
- CPU dual-core AMD or Intel CPU.
- Windows 8 or above.
Official Website: http://www.koplayer.com/
ARChon is not a conventional emulator system for PC. It is actually a Chrome extension that allows APK files to be loaded in the Google Chrome browser at runtime. This is not an easy-to-run emulator, because you need to use a tool to change the APK file to make it compatible with ARChon. In addition, due to support issues, each APK file may not run. You need to perform more additional steps to use this extension to run apps on Chrome. Moreover, it can only withstand the pressure of small APK files with no additional file size.
Features of ARChon:
- You can simulate incoming calls and text messages.
- It provides almost all the functions of a real Android device.
- You can test your application on many devices and Android API levels without having to own every physical device.
- You can simulate rotation and other hardware sensors.
Minimum System Requirements of ARChon:
- OS: Win XP or higher, with .NET Framework installed.
- Archon classic file size: 250 MB.
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.00GHz.
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200.
- RAM: 512 MB.
AMIDuOS is usually called DuOS, which is an Android emulator for PC. Running on the Lollipop version, AMIDuOS is one of the ideal emulator systems. Before installing AMIDuOS, please make sure that “Virtualization Technology” is enabled in the BIOS and you have Microsoft Net Framework 4.0 or higher.
AMIDuOS does not support the Google Play Store, but they have the Amazon App Store, and you can always install any APK file as needed. The emulator can handle high-end games, but disappointingly, it has no keyboard and mouse mapping capabilities. However, if you want to play games, you can use external gamepad support.
Features of AMIDuOS:
- Gesture control.
- Compatible with sensors, accelerometers and gyroscopes to provide a complete phone experience.
- 3D acceleration.
- Includes Amazon Appstore and APK support.
- Compatible with Android applications.
Minimum System Requirements of AMIDuOS:
- 2GB RAM and 2GB free hard disk space.
- OpenGL 3.0 and higher.
- Hardware virtualization technology.
- Intel x86 CPU.
- Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10.
Also Read: Best TikTok Alternatives
LDPlayer is an emulator designed to play mobile games on Windows. Use keyboard and mouse to play games. The simulator allows you to operate easily and conveniently even in multiplayer games. LD is compatible with various types of games, providing smooth control, stable and efficient operation. You can run multiple games at once without killing any processes. Based on Android Lollipop. In addition to playing Android games on your PC, you can also access the Google Play Store and Google Mobile Services Suite for other applications. With its versatile design and user-friendly settings, it is one of the most recommended PC emulators.
Features of LDPlayer:
- Smooth playback and simple control.
- Provide high-performance top speed.
- It can run heavy Android games for free.
- Optimized for medium-sized equipment.
Minimum System Requirements of LDPlayer:
- At least 36GB of available hard disk space.
- At least 4GB of system memory (RAM).
- Windows XP XP3 / Win7 / Win8 / Win8.1 / Win10.
- Intel or AMD CPU processor x86 / x86_64.
Official Website: https://www.ldplayer.net/
PrimeOS itself is not an emulator, but an operating system that starts after creating a partition in computer storage. Therefore, when you boot the PC, Windows OS and PrimeOS, you will see the dual boot option. The interface of Prime OS is very clean and tidy, with the powerful desktop feel of Android.
Developers have introduced all the basic elements of the Android ecosystem into the operating system, such as the start menu, taskbar, and other desktop features, thus providing a very fresh experience. As an operating system, it is well integrated with the system hardware, so it has advantages compared with an emulator system that needs to respond according to the system.
Features of PrimeOS:
- The taskbar has the function of fixing applications, displaying notifications, and system icons.
- Only the necessary desktop functions are needed to get an experience close to AOSP.
- Regular keyboard shortcuts, such as alt + tab, alt + f4, win + d, etc.
- If needed, you can disable the multi-window option for any application.
- Multi-window support, including maximize, minimize, close, resize, etc.
- Provide multiple desktop experiences, such as start menu, task bar, etc.
Minimum System Requirements of Prime OS:
- OS: Windows 8 or above.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Minimum size 16GB of harddisk.
Official Website: https://primeos.in/
15. Genymotion Cloud
An easy-to-use Android emulator designed to help developers test Apps. With Genymotion, you can run Android Apps as a virtual machine on the cloud. You only need to log in, and then click Add on the main screen to select and download the Android machine to be simulated.
Choose your device from tablets and phones for various Android versions. Start the machine and finish. The simulator runs on SaaS, PaaS, AWS, CGS and other clouds. Therefore, all you need is an updated browser and good internet speed. You can use the emulator as a virtual Android device and perform all functions like a traditional mobile phone.
Features of Genymotion Cloud:
- Forward gyroscope or multi-touch events from any Android device connected to the computer.
- Simulate devices with slow internal storage.
- Test Wi-Fi, 4G, 3G, Edge, subway interruption.
- Use your laptop webcam as a video source or record a screen recording of a virtual device.
- Use GPS widgets to easily develop and test location-based applications.
- If your application needs to respond to various power levels, please test it easily.
Minimum System Requirements of Genymotion Cloud:
- RAM memory: at least 2GB.
- A 64-bit CPU with VT-x or AMD-V function is enabled in the BIOS settings.
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (2012), Nvidia GeForce 500 series (2011), ATI Radeon HD 6000 series (2011).
- Video card supporting OpenGL 2.0 with the latest driver.
- Linux Ubuntu 18.04 or above.
- macOS 10.9 or higher.
- Microsoft Windows 8 / 8.1, 10 (32 or 64 bit).
Official Website: https://www.genymotion.com/
16. Remix OS Player
Remix OS Player has been optimized for games. Specifically, you can map keyboard buttons and control the game to achieve all your comfort. Developers may wish to improve the software to make it more inclined towards games. It is important to note that the emulator does not support AMD chipsets, and virtualization technology needs to be enabled in the BIOS. The application has a very clean and fresh interface, which is attractive to users. The emulator has many customization options for game preferences, allowing users to take full advantage of Remix OS.
Features of Remix OS Player:
- Remix’s game kit provides everything you need to enjoy your favorite Android games on your PC.
- It has a key mapping tool that allows you to use the keyboard and mouse to play Android games with touch control options more effectively.
Minimum System Requirements of Remix OS Player:
- At least 8 GB of free hard disk space.
- 2 GB system memory.
- 2 GHz dual-core processor or higher.
It is the most popular Android emulator for PCs. It is one of the more balanced emulators with the right combination of power, graphics, and processing, making it the most suitable Android emulator for PCs.
Using the emulator or playing games on Bluestacks will be able to run smoothly, because the emulator has enough capacity to play high-quality games. Although it is best that the PC has good specifications and can handle graphics. Nevertheless, the Bluestacks emulator is still the best and most trusted Android client for playing Android applications and games on Windows and Mac.
Features of Bluestacks:
- Smart controls.
- Real-time translation.
- Farm pattern: Optimize PC usage when running multiple instances.
- Actions can be recorded and replayed with one keypress.
- Multi-instance synchronization: Copy operations in multiple instances in real-time.
- Multiple instances: Play multiple games at the same time.
Minimum System Requirements of Bluestacks:
- Hard Disk: 5GB free disk space.
- At least 2GB of RAM.
- Processor: Intel or AMD processor.
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 and higher.
Official Website: https://www.bluestacks.com/
18. Nox Player
It is the best Android emulator for PCs. The design of the emulator has the only motivation for playing games. Nox can easily handle high FPS games and supports keyboard, gamepad, and script recording (helps record sequences on the screen for later playback).
Although you may need some time to become familiar with these controls, once you are familiar with these controls, Nox Player will become the best place to run Android Apps and games on Windows or Mac. You can customize the controls in the settings and optimize the image quality when the image quality is higher than the PC standard.
Features of Nox Player:
- Nox intuitively maps to the keyboard, providing you with an amazing android experience.
- It supports multiple control options, including a joystick, drawing board, etc.
- Nox Player can run seamlessly on Windows PC and Mac.
- It allows you to run all the latest android applications and games on your computer or PC.
- Unlike other emulators, it is stable and can run normally without crashing.
Minimum System Requirements of Nox Player:
- 2.5 GB of free space on the hard drive.
- 1.5 GB RAM.
- OpenGL 2.0 and higher.
- Dual-core, AMD, or Intel.
- Windows 8 /8.1/10 and DirectX 9.0C.
Official Website: https://www.bignox.com/
Most Android emulators for PCs are universal and are designed to simulate the Android experience on the computer. But Gameloop, a Tencent company that is also a PUBG developer, has created an emulator specifically for PC mobile games. Game friends can handle high-end games.
As a game emulator, you can expect it to be highly optimized and even run on low-end Windows PCs. Don’t worry that TGB is only available for PUBG Mobile, but in fact, you can install any APK and OBB on TGB and play all hardcore mobile games on Windows if needed.
TGB allows users to download and play Android applications and games on Windows PCs. The emulator is optimized to run advanced graphics and high-performance games on the PC without any problems. TGB provides very fine keyboard mapping and cursor control, as well as mouse sensitivity and configuration, making TGB the best Android game emulator on PC.
Features of Gameloop:
- This software is the first time that PUBG games are automatically installed on it.
- It provides well-configured controls to play PUBG games on PC.
- The emulator supports android PUBG mobile games and allows them to be played on the PC.
Minimum System Requirements of Gameloop:
- 2 GB of free storage space.
- 3 GB of RAM.
- GPU: Basic NVIDIA GeForce AMD Radeon.
- CPU: Intel Dual-Core | AMD @ 1.8Ghz.
- Windows 8 or above.
Official Website: https://gameloop.mobi/
MEmu is a popular Windows PC Android emulator. If the system has the minimum system requirements for MEmu Player to run smoothly, you can play high-end games on your PC. The emulator has excellent features and can easily play games on the PC.
MEmu is pre-loaded with the Google Play store, so you can easily browse and install applications on your PC. It also associates itself with the APK file on Windows STorage, and when you double-click the file, the emulator will prompt you to install the application. MEmu developers will regularly release updates to add more features and fix any problems with the App. This software facilitates the deep integration of the mouse and keyboard to play games smoothly.
Features of MEmu:
- Map the keyboard/joystick to the screen touch for a better gaming experience.
- Flexible customization (CPU, memory size, resolution, device model, navigation bar position, root mode, etc.)
- Perfect Android experience and elegant desktop.
Minimum System Requirements of MEmu:
- At least 2GB of free hard disk space.
- Minimum 2GB system memory.
- Hardware virtualization technology (Intel VT-x / AMD-V) must be enabled in the BIOS.
- Windows DirectX 11 or graphics driver with OpenGL 2.0.
- Windows 8 /8.1/10.
- Intel, NVIDIA or AMD CPU processor.
Official Website: https://www.memuplay.com/
If you have any thoughts on the 20 best Android emulators for Windows PC and Mac | Run Android games smoothly, then feel free to add content in the comment box below. Also, comment below which simulator is best for you.